The tools, resources and guides nonprofits need to plan, manage and make the best use of their data.
Where can I get help and advice for my charity or nonprofit?
- KnowHow NonProfit – Knowledge & e-learning for charities, social enterprises and community groups: NCVO
- Voluntary Sector Network: The Guardian
- Introducing the voluntary sector: Open University
What is data?
- What is Data?: School of Data
- What is Data?: University of Guelph
- What is Data and Why Do We Care About it So Much?: Nathan Yau
- The power of data: is the charity sector ready to plug in?: New Philanthropy Capital
Data Protection for nonprofits
- Data Protection for Charities: Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Anonymisation – managing data protection risk code of practice: ICO
- Guidance for not-for-profit organisations: ICO
- What voluntary organisations can learn from the Morrisons data leak: Bond Payroll Services
- Crowdsourcing the perfect FOI request: Adam Tinworth
- Which organisations are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000?: FOIwiki
- WhatDoTheyKnow? Make requests for information to UK public authority: mySociety
- WordCounter: Tells you the most common words and phrases [Free]
- WTFCSV: Tells you all about your .csv file [Free]
- SameDiff: Compares two or more text files and tells you the differences [Free]
- BeehiveGiving: Prototype funding tool to match funders and recipients [Free]
- GrantFinder: One-stop-shop of information [Paid]
- Funding Central: Thousands of funding and finance opportunities for voluntary organisations and social enterprises registered in England [Free]
What about open data?
- What is open data?: European Data Portal (learning module)
- What Makes Data Open?: The Open Data Institute
- A Simple Intro to Open Data: Antonio Acuña (data.gov.uk blogs)
What does open data mean for charities?
- Open data and charities – A state of the art review: Nominet Trust
- Best bits – Open data for charities: The Guardian
- Open Data and the Impact on Grant Funding: NICVA
Help! I need an open data policy for my charity!
- Open Data Policy template for nonprofits and charities: Open Data Services
- All about the Open Data Policy template: Open Data Services
- Drafting a Better Open Data Policy: Andrew R. Schrock
My nonprofit is thinking about open data – where do we start?
My charity wants to “publish who we fund” as open data
- 360Giving: provides support for grantmakers to publish their grants data openly
- Using International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) data standard – A guide for NGOs: Bond
Managing Relationships and Social Media
- Salesforce – How to import data into salesforce for nonprofits in 10 easy steps
- Measuring the Networked Nonprofit – Using Data to Change the World: Beth Kanter
- Seo And Data icons by vecteezy is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
- Heart, Love icon by Pixel Buddha is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)